Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Recovering A Chair Cushion

Last summer I purchased some inexpensive cushions for our kitchen chairs. After a year of use, and many washings, they were beginning to look very worn (photo on the left) and honestly, they weren't perfect from the beginning; I wished they were a little bigger with ties on the bottom to keep them in place (and cuter wouldn't hurt...As long as I was wishing). With measurements in hand, I went out to find replacements, but instead I was inspired by fabulous fabric that was on sale.

I used the fabric to make removable custom fit covers for the old cushions. I also added a tie at the bottom and openings at the top to feed the existing ties through. Now I have four perfect cushions for $2!





3 comments:

  1. I so need to do this to my seats. Hmm, now where's my staple and glue gun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was thinking about reupholstering, but with J eating the way he does...I decided to go with washable covers. The first night, J wouldn't sit on his chair during dinner, because he didn't want to get the cushion dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice looking! Wow! Now I know what to do with all that fabric I purchased! I like that the covers are washable too. What I'd really like to know is how you get so much done? Sewing, gardening, treats for school.... You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete