Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

Back To School - Cold Lunches

I've been looking for lunch ideas, now that I'm packing my son's "cold lunch" everyday. It's challenging to figure out what, and how, to serve. I find that small, easy to eat portions are more likely to be eaten.

To keep food cold, I started using a booboo ice pack on the bottom of the container, covered it with a wet paper towel and added fruit on top.






I found these containers with removable cooler ice (that can be frozen the night before). Unfortunately, these were too difficult for 5 year old hands to open. Just Bento, an awesome site I came across, suggests freezing a juice box the night before to use in place of an ice pack.

Some of the lunches on that site are so pretty, they've inspired me to pack a lunch to eat at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment