Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Building Set Solutions

My son LOVES building sets, but he sometimes gets frustrated looking for specific pieces. After hearing, "Mommy, where is this piece?...Mommy, I can't find that piece..." one too many times I came up with a few things to help him organize his toys and keep me sane at the same time.

This double-sided plastic container, from Daiso, can fit two mini building sets with instructions in one container. If my son gets the urge to build something, he doesn't have to search the massive piles of pieces to find what he needs. Also, I can pop one of these in my bag to keep him entertained in the car and/or restaurants.



These stackable plastic containers are great for organizing pieces. I use the divided compartments for small parts (such as slanted bits, round bits, tiles) and bigger trays for parts like flats, windows, wheels and minifigures. I labeled each tray to make it easier to sort/find pieces.




I keep the manuals in several three-ring binders according to categories (Star Wars, City, Power Miners...) and three-hole punch plastic bags to keep the smaller manuals.





Gallon-sized plastic bags are helpful in keeping specialized sets together, again, cutting down on the frustration for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment