Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

Unexpected Vases

Beverage Cup

I often indulge in a latte freeze from the food court of my local Costco for two reasons: the tasty beverage and the cool plastic cup.

The empty cup makes the perfect vessel to transport cut flowers. The straw hole is big enough to fit a few stems and since it's a cup it fits in a car cup holder! I've used them to send flowers home with my mom and also transported a few to my father's niche at the cemetery.





Toothbrush Holder

While at Dollar Tree looking for pencils for another project (more on
that later), I found this plastic toothbrush holder which turned out to be a great vase. The removable top makes it very easy to clean the inside. The toothbrush holes are angled in such a way that they hold stems upright and apart preventing the blossoms from bunching up; same engineering that prevents toothbrushes from "kissing".


2 comments:

  1. I love this idea!! I'm going to give it a try. Hope you keep up your blog site; you have wonderful ideas!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diana! I have Monkeysmama to thank for her undying encouragement to do something with these kooky ideas.

    ReplyDelete